The walks calendar for the 2022 festival is available here:
Leg it around Lowerhouse (3.5 miles, Moderate)
You can also download a printable leaflet, or obtain a printed leaflet from the Bridgend Centre.
Booking details for festival
Our walks are led by a number of local organisations; there is a charge for some walks, which are indicated by a £ symbol on the walk programme. Where booking is not required for a walk, we just ask you to arrive in plenty of time.
Where advance booking is required, simply reserve your place by purchasing your ticket from the calendar above. For the Sensory Walk please telephone the Eye Society (phone number provided on the leaflet) and for the Just Drop In walk, please email Just Drop In (email address provided on the leaflet). If you would like any support with online booking, please contact the Bridgend Centre on 01625 576311 to arrange a convenient time for us to help you with it.
On walks starting from the Bridgend Centre, please wait outside the front of the Centre for the walk to start as numbers are limited inside.
Walking: essential information
- Please wear suitable footwear and clothing and bring a waterproof. We reserve the right not to take a person who is not properly equipped as this could affect the safety and enjoyment of the whole group.
- Please check the walk symbols to confirm whether dogs are welcome; dogs are not allowed on some of the walks. To avoid disturbance to farm animals or wildlife, please keep your dog on a lead and under control
- Most walk leaders are volunteers.
- All walks are circular unless stated.
- In poor weather the leader may modify the walk, or in extreme conditions, cancel it.
- A packed lunch may be required; look for the symbol on the walk details. It is advisable to carry a drink.
- Young walkers aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- All those taking part do so at their own risk.