- Walks start promptly. Please arrive at the meeting point ahead of the time indicated
- Please wear suitable footwear, clothing and bring a waterproof. We reserve the right not to take a person who is not properly equipped as this could affect the safety and enjoyment of the whole group
- Please check the walk symbols to confirm whether dogs are welcome; dogs are not allowed on some of the walks. To avoid disturbance to farm animals or wildlife, please keep your dog on a lead and under control
- Most walk leaders are volunteers
- All walks are circular unless stated otherwise
- In poor weather the leader may modify the walk, or in extreme conditions, cancel it
- A packed lunch may be required; look for the symbol on the walk details. It is advisable to carry a drink
- Young walkers aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- All those taking part do so at their own risk
- Some of the walks require booking so please don’t delay booking to avoid disappointment.
- Please note that we do not provide refunds should you wish to cancel. In addition we do not hold or administer waiting lists for these events. If you can no longer attend an event, you could sell or give away your ticket to someone else. A good way to advertise this is through the Bollington Facebook page or the Bollington Walking Festival Facebook page.
- At the beginning of the walk we will ask you to sign an attendance list and disclaimer. We sometimes use the data provided in these forms to provide our funders with statistical information (not your phone number). This data is sent anonymously and is not linked to any individual person. However, it is entirely optional, so if you are happy for us to share this information, please tick in the consent box on the form. For GDPR purposes, the Bridgend Centre is the data controller and data processor of this information. For further information, you can access our full privacy statement on our website (www.bridgendcentre.org.uk) or by asking a member of staff at the Centre.
Key to symbols
|Ideal for families and accompanied children (but please note the distance and ‘boot’ rating for difficulty)
|Bring a packed lunch
|A charge applies. Payment will be collected at the start of the walk if not made at time of booking. Paid walks from the Bridgend Centre include tea or coffee
|Dogs must be on leads
|Please leave your dog at home
|Booking required even if free of charge
Walk grade symbols
|Easy: No steep climbs and taken at a gentle pace
|Moderate: May have steep climbs, but if they do will be taken at a gentle pace
|Energetic: Generally will involve steep climbs and descents; will cover a moderate distance at a steady pace
|Strenuous: Require fitness and stamina to cope with several steep climbs and will cover a long distance at a faster pace
|Very Strenuous: Will involve steep climbs and will be a long distance at a fast pace. You will need good physical stamina for this walk
Defibrillators for use in an emergency are located at multiple locations around the town and emergency services will provide information on up to date locations and their appropriate use.
- Bridgend Centre, 104 Palmerston Street, SK10 5PW
- Bollington Town Hall, Wellington Road, SK10 5JR
- Discovery Centre, Clarence Mill, SK10 5JZ
- Bollington Library, Palmerston Street, SK10 5JX